- Leading global eyewear e-retailer (SmartBuyGlasses Group)
- Strong global positioning in a fast-growing industry
- Smart, entrepreneurial, high-energy team
SmartBuyGlasses Optical Group, operated under Motion Global Ltd., is the world’s leading designer eyewear e-retailer. With operations across Asia Pacific, Europe and the Americas, SmartBuyGlasses has become the market leader in over 30 countries worldwide. With over 160 employees we retail the world’s best eyewear brands including Ray-Ban, Tom Ford, Gucci and many more. SmartBuyGlasses has a young, international and entrepreneurial culture that promotes fast career progression and self-development. Passionate and effective employees are usually promoted quickly to managerial positions, operating teams with high degrees of responsibility.
For more information see: www.motionglobal.com, www.smartbuyglasses.com, www.visiondirect.com.au.
We are seeking a savvy Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) to be a key member of the executive team and lead the global marketing strategy. The successful candidate will be a passionate, high-energy, smart and entrepreneurial leader dedicated to growing revenues profitability and strengthening the company’s global position in the eyewear industry.
Your career progression will be dependent on your ability to deliver tangible results and manage change. You will be eligible for the Executive Compensation Package aligning your performance with company success.
This is not a “glass office” role. You must be prepared to be “hands on” when required as well as being capable of adding value to and guiding commercial, operational and strategic decisions.
Responsibilities for the role include:
- Lead the development and day-to-day management across the enterprise’s marketing strategy
- Be responsible for enterprise websites ensuring best practice UI, CR optimisation and rollout of major tech upgrades
- Lead a team of over 30 people to plan, analyze, evaluate and execute marketing activities
- Optimize execution of key marketing strategies across performance marketing, organic marketing and social media
- Develop and refine key enterprise, regional and activity KPI reports for executive team
- Hire, mentor and motivate team members with varied experience levels and abilities
- Develop benchmark criteria to measure efficiency and effectiveness of marketing programs
- Evaluate and manage outsourced service and software providers
- Lead meetings with senior management and marketing team
- Report to the Directors on key KPIs, operational improvements and execution of defined strategies
The candidate will have the following competencies:
- 5+ years proven management experience in online marketing
- Bachelor degree in marketing, business or science
- Strong technical skills relating to SEO, SEM, Display, PR, Branding & Social Media
- Strong working knowledge of best practice digital software tools
- Proven ability to proactively manage, motivate and mentor teams ensuring accountability for results
- Proven successful eCommerce site optimization in highly competitive industries
- Proven ability to be up to date and savvy with fast changing online marketing trends
- Excellent project management skills, managing multiple projects at once with tight deadlines
- Strong benchmarking and research skills resulting in ongoing optimization of strategy
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, with ability to articulate ideas clearly and efficiently
- Ability to generate and execute changing policies across work streams
- Ability to jump-start projects from scratch and develop action plans with KPIs to ensure success
- Strong ethics and integrity
- Excellent can do attitude, self-motivated, strong work ethic and high energy
- Fluent in English