- Largest designer glasses e-commerce retailer worldwide (smartbuyglasses.com)
- Multicultural team representing over 20 nationalities
- Fast growing, dynamic and young company culture
Founded in 2006, Motion Global is a dynamic and fast growing e-retailer with a specialty in designer eyewear. With operations across Asia, Europe and America, Motion Global has become a global market leader in over 20 countries. With over 140 employees, we retail eyewear from the world’s top luxury designer brands including Gucci, Ray-Ban, Carrera, Dolce & Gabbana and many more. Motion Global has a unique, young, international and entrepreneurial culture that promotes fast career progression and self-development. Passionate and effective employees are usually promoted quickly to managerial positions, operating teams with high degrees of responsibility.
For more information see: www.motionglobal.com, www.smartbuyglasses.com, www.visiondirect.com.au
We are seeking a highly skilled, passionate and experienced Senior Developer / Architect to join our IT Team. This role will report to our Development Manager. The Senior Developer / Architect will architect, design and develop, and document complex system and software application architecture for e-commerce platform, and the internal back-end systems (Order Management, CRM, CMS, etc.). The Senior Developer / Architect will assure the overall technical quality of the solution and be able to explain architecture decisions and their rationales to technical teams, product management teams. The Senior Developer / Architect will provide mentorship and guidance to technical team members within the technology discipline.
- Define architecture, responsible for reviewing code and ensuring the quality of code
- Write technical documentation, white papers, presentations, contributes to determining internal processes
- Drive the technical best practice in the development team
- Leads technology and product general assessments, detailed evaluations, and final selections
- Leads system design activities or reviews system designs to ensure that solutions will exhibit high levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, appropriate reusability and reliability upon deployment. Reviews and approves high risk design decisions prior to implementation.
- Guides the project team to implement the product by the architecture, reviews team's work result, programs the core module and codes, solves the technique problems in the implementation.
- Optimizes and improves the architecture of existing products.
- Guides the team to study with the technique trend of software development, defines technology innovation, educates and provides technical advice.
The candidate will have the following competencies:
- 5+ years of experience designing and developing web applications using various technologies and languages
- 2+ years technical architect Experience with deep knowledge for application development;
- Solid knowledge of PHP or Java technology including but not limited to EJB, JSP, Servlets, JMS, Web Services.
- Be familiar with the popular web development/open source frameworks and tools, such as SSH, JQuery and Mule
- Has good skill and experience on software system design, system deployment, performance optimization and etc, can write very high quality code.
- Experience with e-Commerce products and CMS products will be a plus.
- A strong verbal and written communication skill in both business and technical areas, fluent Chinese is a must and can communicate using English will be a plus.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A multinational, fast-paced and vibrant start-up environment in our Shanghai office, one of the most exciting cities in Asia.
- Opportunity to play a significant role in enabling the development of our multiple channel e-commerce platform.
- A great opportunity to contribute in an environment of flexible structures, flat hierarchies and in a team of motivated colleagues.
- Young and motivated team with coworkers from many nations around the world
- Strong benefits and fun monthly company events.